1. The boys and girls often play ____ basketball in ____ afternoon.
A. an; a B. a ; the C. / ; the D. a; the
2. Everyone understands that_____ horse is ____ useful animal.
A. a ; an B. the; the C. / ; a D. a; a
3. He said he had bought ___English dictionary last month, and ____dictionary was very help0ful to him .
A. an; the B. a; the C. the; a D. a; a
4. Though the first letter is ______ “u” in the word “useful”, we must say___ “useful book”.
A. a ; a B. /; a C. /; an D. an; an
5. Lin Tao did rather badly in the race. Jim did even _____.
A. better B. more badly C. worst D. worse